Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to make "hdfs dfs -du" command show 2 size columns "Size - Size with replication"

Solved Go to solution

How to make "hdfs dfs -du" command show 2 size columns "Size - Size with replication"

Rising Star

I am tyring to get this output. Nevertheless some articles points out this is due to a version matter, which I doubt, since I've seen this behavior on multiple environments with different versions is just that I don't know how to enable it.

If someone can point me to the right path I would highly appreciate it.

pic1.JPG

Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to make "hdfs dfs -du" command show 2 size columns "Size - Size with replication"

Rising Star

Hello dnavarro.

Thank you for asking... Actually my question was because I wasn't getting complete size of hdfs that I have on the output command hdfs -du against the size I was watching on the ambari UI. There was a significant difference on it.

At the end, it turned up that that difference was due to that hdp 2.6.5 version command hdfs dfs -du is not taking in count the snapshots sizes, therefore, there we have the missmatching I was looking since the beginning and why I needed that output.

Just keep in mind that for version grater than 2.6.5 you need to take snapshots size separately if you want to check entire hdfs size  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: How to make "hdfs dfs -du" command show 2 size columns "Size - Size with replication"

Cloudera Employee

what version are you running and what output are you seeing?

Highlighted

Rising Star

Hello dnavarro.

Thank you for asking... Actually my question was because I wasn't getting complete size of hdfs that I have on the output command hdfs -du against the size I was watching on the ambari UI. There was a significant difference on it.

At the end, it turned up that that difference was due to that hdp 2.6.5 version command hdfs dfs -du is not taking in count the snapshots sizes, therefore, there we have the missmatching I was looking since the beginning and why I needed that output.

Just keep in mind that for version grater than 2.6.5 you need to take snapshots size separately if you want to check entire hdfs size  

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

I see, thanks for the update and closing the loop on the difference. 

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here