Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to make "hdfs dfs -du" command show 2 size columns "Size - Size with replication"

Expert Contributor

I am tyring to get this output. Nevertheless some articles points out this is due to a version matter, which I doubt, since I've seen this behavior on multiple environments with different versions is just that I don't know how to enable it.

If someone can point me to the right path I would highly appreciate it.

pic1.JPG

Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hello dnavarro.

Thank you for asking... Actually my question was because I wasn't getting complete size of hdfs that I have on the output command hdfs -du against the size I was watching on the ambari UI. There was a significant difference on it.

At the end, it turned up that that difference was due to that hdp 2.6.5 version command hdfs dfs -du is not taking in count the snapshots sizes, therefore, there we have the missmatching I was looking since the beginning and why I needed that output.

Just keep in mind that for version grater than 2.6.5 you need to take snapshots size separately if you want to check entire hdfs size 😉 

😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cloudera Employee

what version are you running and what output are you seeing?

Expert Contributor

Hello dnavarro.

Thank you for asking... Actually my question was because I wasn't getting complete size of hdfs that I have on the output command hdfs -du against the size I was watching on the ambari UI. There was a significant difference on it.

At the end, it turned up that that difference was due to that hdp 2.6.5 version command hdfs dfs -du is not taking in count the snapshots sizes, therefore, there we have the missmatching I was looking since the beginning and why I needed that output.

Just keep in mind that for version grater than 2.6.5 you need to take snapshots size separately if you want to check entire hdfs size 😉 

😉

Cloudera Employee

I see, thanks for the update and closing the loop on the difference.