Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to modify the repo when add a new host

Contributor

I have setup a cluster of Hortonworks Data Platform, and it was using the default BaseURL for the Repo, but due to some network change, the connection to the default URL is very very slow now so i tried to setup a local repo in my own server.

I have already setup the local repo in one of my server, and updated the repo files in my HDP cluster servers, but when i try to add a new host, it still using the default repo URL even if i have already updated the yum repo file in the new server etc folder.

is there any suggestions on this question?

thanks very very much for your hhelps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

In /etc/yum.repos.d, remove all .repo files pointing to the Internet and copy only .repo files from other servers which are already using your local repo. For HDP nodes, initially you need only 2 .repo files, one for the OS, and ambari.repo. When Ambari adds a new node to the cluster it will copy there HDP.repo and HDP-UTILS.repo. Also, have you set your repository URLs in Ambari-> Admin-> Stack and versions-> Versions -> Manage Versions -> [click on your current version] ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

In /etc/yum.repos.d, remove all .repo files pointing to the Internet and copy only .repo files from other servers which are already using your local repo. For HDP nodes, initially you need only 2 .repo files, one for the OS, and ambari.repo. When Ambari adds a new node to the cluster it will copy there HDP.repo and HDP-UTILS.repo. Also, have you set your repository URLs in Ambari-> Admin-> Stack and versions-> Versions -> Manage Versions -> [click on your current version] ?

Contributor

Thanks very much, what i am finding is the place to set my repository URL in Ambari->Admin->Vesions, i have already removed unneccessary repo files yet, let me update the set of repo in Ambari and have another try.