Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to reference a key/value pair from JSON of different structure

Contributor

Hi,

Please, is there a way to reference a key part of JSON file that can come in different structures.

For example i want to get the value of "requestUid" from these different JSON structures just with a single processor. So, irrespective of JSON formats or structures sent, i would want to get the value of requestUid.

Thanks.

For example:

1)

{
"responseMetaData": {
"type": "ACK",
"userId": "SYSTEM",
"requestUid": "1742963e-f02f-4db6-88e0-6af8c4d4825b",,
"systemId": "CIF",
"serviceId": "FR_CUS"
},
"responseDataObject": {
"result": "Accepted",
"responseCode": "SUC",
"responseMessage": "",
"execTime": "1216"
}

2)

{
"responseMetaData": {
"type": "ACK",
"sendTime": "23/03/2019 09:16:25.305277",
"timeZone": "4",
"userId": "SYSTEM",
"branchCompanyId": "784100",
"branchLocationId": "784101",
"systemId": "CIF",
"serviceId": "FR_CUS"
},
"responseDataObject": {
"result": "Accepted",
"responseCode": "SUC",

"requestUid": "yywhhnan56289200200",
"execTime": "1216"
}
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not sure if this is the the most efficient way, but you can use ExtractText by creating new attribute with the following regular expression: 

(?<=\"requestUid\":\s")[A-Z-a-z-0-9\-]+

Not sure if you can accomplish that using evaluatejsonPath processor, but given that the path can be different its probably hard to accomplish

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not sure if this is the the most efficient way, but you can use ExtractText by creating new attribute with the following regular expression: 

(?<=\"requestUid\":\s")[A-Z-a-z-0-9\-]+

Not sure if you can accomplish that using evaluatejsonPath processor, but given that the path can be different its probably hard to accomplish

Contributor

Hi  SAMSAL,

Thank you so much. I got it working using your method at the moment.

Please, can you explain this RE to me or point me to a suitable material where i can learn this particular Regular Expression.

I really appreciate.

There is a lot of articles\videos around learning Regular Expression. The one I provided using what is called positive lookbehind (?<=), which means: find the Id which contain alphanumeric characters with hyphen (-) that is proceeded (lookbehind) with the text "requestUid"

Contributor

Thank you.