Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to remove old HDP stack after upgrading HDP

New Contributor

Hello Guys!

I updated HDP from 3.1.0.0-78 to 3.1.5.6189-1 as well as Ambari from 2.7.3 to 2.7.5.

I want to remove the old stack of HDP as the files are still on the servers.

Is there any official guide for this move?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @fengsh Yes, The remove script indeed has few bugs using curl which was picked up from AMBARI-18435 but this curl call is not officially supported and as such we don't have an official doc on this.

The other option to remove the older stack with "yum remove <version>" command, specifying the exact version you want to remove should get the job done.

You can also verify the list of packages to be removed using (please be thorough!):

# yum list installed | grep -P 'version'

Additionally, please verify the symlinks in the "/usr/hdp/current/" folder are pointing to the correct location.

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on “Accept as Solution” below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

New Contributor

Hi @rki_ , Really thank you for sharing these links with me.
I've gone through all of them. It seems the removing script has some bugs.

I'm curious about whether any official Docs mention the script.

Super Collaborator

Hi @fengsh Yes, The remove script indeed has few bugs using curl which was picked up from AMBARI-18435 but this curl call is not officially supported and as such we don't have an official doc on this.

The other option to remove the older stack with "yum remove <version>" command, specifying the exact version you want to remove should get the job done.

You can also verify the list of packages to be removed using (please be thorough!):

# yum list installed | grep -P 'version'

Additionally, please verify the symlinks in the "/usr/hdp/current/" folder are pointing to the correct location.

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on “Accept as Solution” below this post.

Community Manager

@fengsh, Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: