Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to report NiFi lineage to Atlas

Explorer

Hi All,

I have Nifi 1.14.0 currently installed and I would like to connect this to Apache Atlas available in Cloudera Cluster.

I read here Configure NiFi for Atlas Integration (cloudera.com) there should be the possibility to do this by configuring ReportLineageToAtlas task in NiFi. Unfortunately this option is missing in my NiFi installation. Do you have any hints about how to add this feature in my NiFi Centos installation?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Best Regards,

Daniele.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Super Mentor

@dansteu 

Due to size constraints in Apache, the Apache NiFI distribution do not ship with all components to keep the size under the max allowed.  The community removes from the default distro those components less commonly used or deprecated by newer components that do the same job better.

The ReportLineageToAtlas is one of those less commonly used components that was removed to reduce size, but it can easily be downloaded from Maven and added in to your NiFi 1.14.0 install.
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.nifi/nifi-atlas-nar/1.14.0

Look for the "Files" line and download the "nar" file (58 MB for Apache NiFi 1.1.4.0 release).
Place this file in the NiFi 1.1.4.0 lib directory with the rest of the included nar files and restart your NiFi instance.  This nar will get unpacked to NiFi work directory on startup and then be available for use through the UI.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Matt

View solution in original post

Explorer

Thanks @MattWho ! It works. The feature "ReportLineageToAtlas" is now enabled in NiFi.

Thanks a lot.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@dansteu 

Due to size constraints in Apache, the Apache NiFI distribution do not ship with all components to keep the size under the max allowed.  The community removes from the default distro those components less commonly used or deprecated by newer components that do the same job better.

The ReportLineageToAtlas is one of those less commonly used components that was removed to reduce size, but it can easily be downloaded from Maven and added in to your NiFi 1.14.0 install.
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.nifi/nifi-atlas-nar/1.14.0

Look for the "Files" line and download the "nar" file (58 MB for Apache NiFi 1.1.4.0 release).
Place this file in the NiFi 1.1.4.0 lib directory with the rest of the included nar files and restart your NiFi instance.  This nar will get unpacked to NiFi work directory on startup and then be available for use through the UI.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Matt

Explorer

Thanks @MattWho ! It works. The feature "ReportLineageToAtlas" is now enabled in NiFi.

Thanks a lot.