Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to resolve this error Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SqoopMain], exit code [1]?

Contributor

I am trying to execute a sqoop action with oozie, the command in sqoop action is like this(with the correct information for database connection)

sqoop import \
--connect jdbc:oracle://localhost/userdb \--username root \
--table mms \
--m 1 \
--target-dir /queryresult
21 REPLIES 21

Master Mentor

@Cecilia Posadas

Add the mysql-connector-java.jar library into the lib directory located inside the oozie project root directory where the job.properties and workflow.xml files are located.

Better solution is to add the mysql-connector-java-*.jar once to share/lib/sqoop directory in HDFS.

Please do that and let me know

Contributor

But I am using a database in Oracle, this does't matter?

Master Mentor

it does matter, use the Oracle driver jar. @Cecilia Posadas

Contributor

I have the oracle driver ojdbc6.jar in this location /user/oozie/share/lib/lib_20150401172510/sqoop in HDFS

The error is the same

<<< Invocation of Main class completed <<<

Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SqoopMain], exit code [1]

Oozie Launcher failed, finishing Hadoop job gracefully

Master Mentor

@Cecilia Posadas go to job history, drill down to the log of the failed attempt and paste the error from there.

Contributor

Sorry, but I am sure where is ? Could help my screen is like this

2257-oozieerror.jpg

Master Mentor

go to ambari > yarn > resource manager UI > find your job, drill down to task attempt. It is not in Hue. @Cecilia Posadas

Contributor

But I am using Hue for do the workflows with Oozie, I don't understand why ambari?

Master Mentor

@Cecilia Posadas the error you provided is generic, to find out the real reason you're having issue you only possible if you go to the task attempt, Hue will not give you that.