Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to resolve this error Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SqoopMain], exit code [1]?

Contributor

I am trying to execute a sqoop action with oozie, the command in sqoop action is like this(with the correct information for database connection)

sqoop import \
--connect jdbc:oracle://localhost/userdb \--username root \
--table mms \
--m 1 \
--target-dir /queryresult
21 REPLIES 21

Contributor

Sorry I am learning, could you explainme how to do what you said if I am using only hue. Thanks.

Master Mentor

go to sandbox.hortonworks.com:8088 and find your job there. If you have access to Ambari, you can find the same information by going to sandbox.hortonworks.com:8080 then clicking oozie service and go to oozie UI. From Oozie UI you can find your job. @Cecilia Posadas

Contributor

I don't have access to Ambari, I cannot see Oozie UI, the only I can see is the screen that i send you, and click on history link send me an error @Artem Ervits

Master Mentor

@Cecilia Posadas Can you ssh to the machine and execute Sqoop command manually?

ssh -P 2222 root@127.0.0.1

Contributor

I don't have access to Ambari on this sandbox.hortonworks.com:8080

But I can access to this sandbox.hortonworks.com:8088, I find my job ( those are the screens)

2258-job.jpg

job2.jpg

But when I click the link history o logs send "This web page is not available". So, I don't have the complete error. What is wrong now?

Thank you for your help.

error2.jpg

Master Mentor

@Cecilia Posadas click on history link inside there

Contributor

@Artem Ervits I do that, I click on history link but send me "This web page is not available"

Contributor

Yes, on ssh works fine executing the command manually. My problem is using the same instruction in a scoop action of an oozie workflow using HUE @Artem Ervits

Master Mentor

Then you should have access to your workflow somewhere, its probably in /user/hue, can you submit the workflowanually with Oozie command and see if it works, If so, issue is with hue. @Cecilia Posadas

Contributor

Sorry I don't know how to run the oozie workflow manually, I always submit with the botton on HUE.

The location in HDFS is /user/hue/oozie/workspaces/_user1_-oozie-44-1455209366.82 and on this path is the file workflow.xml . Please help me.