Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to schedule plain java programs using oozie without map/reduce or hadoop?

Expert Contributor

Is oozie can be installed and running without Hadoop. I refer oozie materials where hadoop is needed.

Let's say i have 2 plain java applications.Now I want to chain these 2 java applications in a oozie workflow and want to produce the final json output from the 2nd java code. I don't want to code these 2 java applications in Map/reduce program. They should be plain java code.

Please suggest.

how to run oozie without hadoop ? is it possible

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru
@Sivasaravanakumar K

As mentioned by @Geoffrey Shelton Okot, you can install minimal version of Hadoop to get Oozie working!

For java thing. it's not compulsory to write mapreduce code. You can write your code as per your requirements --> Keep commands to run java code in a simple shell script --> execute that shell script via Oozie using shell action.

Hope this information helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@Sivasaravanakumar K

Oozie is a workflow scheduler system to manage Apache Hadoop jobs.I think you need at the minimal install HDFS so a quick answer would be impossible,oozie is a part of hadoop !!!!!

Master Guru
@Sivasaravanakumar K

As mentioned by @Geoffrey Shelton Okot, you can install minimal version of Hadoop to get Oozie working!

For java thing. it's not compulsory to write mapreduce code. You can write your code as per your requirements --> Keep commands to run java code in a simple shell script --> execute that shell script via Oozie using shell action.

Hope this information helps!