Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to select SSH Private key from web browser?

Expert Contributor

I have four CentOS machines, which I have to use to build a four node cluster. I have successfully installed Ambari server on one node. I have logged into ambari dashboard through google chrome from a windows 7 machine. The cluster installation wizard is asking me for 'SSH Private Key'. I have the key in the node which is running ambari server. I tried to use filezilla to get the id_rsa file from centos to windows 7 machine, but I get 'critical file transfer error'. If I copy paste the contents of the key, I get permission error, which might be due to some extra characters etc. present in the text while I copied. So the question is, how do I get the id_rsa private key to windows 7 machine or how do I choose the private key properly on a web browser?

I can confirm you that I am able to SSH from all the machines to other machines.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I figured it out myself. I copied the id_rsa file to another folder and executed chmod 777 id_rsa command. The id_rsa file has some permissions blocked so after giving the proper permission, I was able to copy file through Filezilla.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

Normally Copy and paste works. Do you use putty? Also if filezilla fails you could use winscp. But normally he tells you more than critical transfer error.

Expert Contributor

I figured it out myself. I copied the id_rsa file to another folder and executed chmod 777 id_rsa command. The id_rsa file has some permissions blocked so after giving the proper permission, I was able to copy file through Filezilla.