Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to send email in CDSW under Citrix Gateway?

New Contributor

Hi all, 

My company is now moving work to CDSW under Citrix Gateway.

As my local computer is not connected to the cloud, there are many troubles like file transfer, copy and paste texts which make me a suffering life.

I would like to ask for help for sending email with attachment in CDSW under Citrix Gateway.

There is no outlook in my Citrix Gateway. I am not sure can it get done. 

Does anyone has the python script that can help?

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hi @Melon ,

Sounds like you are wanting to send an email alert (e.g. when a CDSW job finishes) via your corporate SFTP server. Is that correct? For configuring CDSW SMTP connection you will need to have at least CDSW Admin role and go to Admin > Settings (tab). Here under SMTP you will need to provide the following information:

• SMTP host address
  • SMTP port
  • SMTP username
  • SMTP password

Optionally, you may check "Use TLS" if your SMTP server requires this. 

What you are talking about in terms of VPN (Citrix Gateway) is something you may want to check with your IT organization. You should be able to upload and download project files in CDSW via the browser, when you are connected through VPN.

Hope this help,

Alex

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Collaborator

Hi @Melon ,

Sounds like you are wanting to send an email alert (e.g. when a CDSW job finishes) via your corporate SFTP server. Is that correct? For configuring CDSW SMTP connection you will need to have at least CDSW Admin role and go to Admin > Settings (tab). Here under SMTP you will need to provide the following information:

• SMTP host address
  • SMTP port
  • SMTP username
  • SMTP password

Optionally, you may check "Use TLS" if your SMTP server requires this. 

What you are talking about in terms of VPN (Citrix Gateway) is something you may want to check with your IT organization. You should be able to upload and download project files in CDSW via the browser, when you are connected through VPN.

Hope this help,

Alex