Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to set up the max number of login retries in CDP 7.1.3?

Explorer

Dear Experts,

I got an assignment that to set up the maximum number of login retries in CDP 7.1.3. My environment is:

- Kerberos enabled;

- OS RHEL 7.8;

- CDP 7.1.3

- Integrated with MS AD

I yet to find any clue in Cloudera online document, appreciate if you can share more details!

Thanks

Anton

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

@cuian01 What do you mean by maximum login retries? Are you saying you want to control how many times a AD user can attempt to login into CM UI and then locked himself after that? 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

@GangWar ,

yes, basically with all UI exposed to end user, like Hue, CM UI and etc. as long as the UI needs to get AD authentication and authorized in Cloudera. 

Since I have little control over AD, is there a way I can configure on Cloudera to restrict the number of login retries?

Master Guru

No, there is not any such feature. Basically this is more of a dependent feature of AD means AD server usually decides how many attempts a user did and use to lock the account for same for some time or until AD team unlock them. 

Hope this make sense. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.