Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to use custom service accounts, instead of default local service account

Super Collaborator

I would to like to install and configure all the services using LDAP service accounts and they are not default local accounts like (hdfs -> opthdfs, hive -> opthive etc..). I'm installing using Ambari. I was able to replace most of the default service account with the LDAP service accounts. But, could not find a way to use custom service accounts for Livy server and Zeppelin.

Is there any way to use custom service account for these services using Ambari?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Manish Gupta

After the installation use following steps to replace default service account with custom service account:

For zeppelin:

1. Stop zeppelin service from Ambari.

2. Change the zeppelin user from Ambari server using configs.sh (this command is only available from ambari-server host):

# /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh -u <AmbariAdminUser> -p <AmbariAdminUserPassword> set localhost <Cluster-name> zeppelin-env zeppelin_user <ZEP-USER>

3. Set the ownership on zeppelin log and run directories.

# chown -R <ZEP-USER>:hadoop /var/log/zeppelin

# chown -R <ZEP-USER>:hadoop /var/run/zeppelin

4. Start zeppelin service from Ambari

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

@Manish Gupta

After the installation use following steps to replace default service account with custom service account:

For zeppelin:

1. Stop zeppelin service from Ambari.

2. Change the zeppelin user from Ambari server using configs.sh (this command is only available from ambari-server host):

# /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh -u <AmbariAdminUser> -p <AmbariAdminUserPassword> set localhost <Cluster-name> zeppelin-env zeppelin_user <ZEP-USER>

3. Set the ownership on zeppelin log and run directories.

# chown -R <ZEP-USER>:hadoop /var/log/zeppelin

# chown -R <ZEP-USER>:hadoop /var/run/zeppelin

4. Start zeppelin service from Ambari