Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to use the RestLookupService to make REST API calls?

Explorer

I am trying to learn how to use the RestLookupService to make REST API calls. But since it is a controller service, not a processor.. so I need some guidance on which processor I should use.. where I can configure this service. I want to save the response that this service returns to somewhere else..let's say to the local file system...using PutFile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@sayak17 ,

You need to configure your RestLookupService with the details of the external REST service that you want to use for lookups and then use the LookupRecord processor in your flow to perform the actual lookups.

The LookupRecord processor takes a reference to the RestLookupService controller service.

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru

@sayak17 ,

You need to configure your RestLookupService with the details of the external REST service that you want to use for lookups and then use the LookupRecord processor in your flow to perform the actual lookups.

The LookupRecord processor takes a reference to the RestLookupService controller service.

Cheers,

André

--
Was your question answered? Please take some time to click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Super Mentor

@sayak17 

If you are simply looking to GET from a REST API endpoint and take the response and write to a local file on the server where your NiFi service is running, you'll want to use the InvokeHTTP processor and feed that to your putFile processor.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Matt