Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hue 3.10.0 + HiveServer2 ​with hive.server2.thrift.sasl.qop=auth-conf sometimes(or always on certain conditions) reports a SASL error.

Contributor

Hue 3.10.0 + HiveServer2 with hive.server2.thrift.sasl.qop=auth-conf sometimes(or always on certain conditions) reports a SASL error shown below:

Error in sasl_decode (-1) SASL(-1): generic failure: Unable to find a callback: 32775 (code THRIFTTRANSPORT): TTransportException('Error in sasl_decode (-1) SASL(-1): generic failure: Unable to find a callback: 32775',)

I can see this message when executing, for example, "select * from db.table limit 12;", but cannot see when executing "select * from db.table limit 11;"... These queries are same only except for "limit" clause.

I searched with that error message, so I found this post:

https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!topic/hue-user/0LfySJBERsc

A poster said "Seems hue doesn't play nice with hive.server2.thrift.sasl.qop set to auth-conf. Works OK with only auth though." in this post. Is that also true on Hue 3.10.0? Is it impossible to use sasl.qop=auth-conf on Hue 3.10.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I found a solution... but it's just a quick hack, not an appropriate fix I think.

1. modify hue/desktop/core/ext-py/sasl-0.1.1/sasl/saslwrapper.cpp to increase maxBufSize.
  2. build it with "python setup.py build" and get a new _saslwrapper.so
  3. replace hue/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sasl-0.1.1-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/_saslwrapper.so with it
  4. restart Hue.

Detail of step 1 and 2 below.

Step 1.

In hue/desktop/core/ext-py/sasl-0.1.1/sasl/saslwrapper.cpp you can find a line "ClientImpl() : conn(0), cbIndex(0), maxBufSize(65535), minSsf(0), maxSsf(65535), externalSsf(0), secret(0) {}" around line 35, so modified maxBufSize to larger value.

Step 2.

In hue/desktop/core/ext-py/sasl-0.1.1, execute "python setup.py build", so you've got _saslwrapper.so in hue/desktop/core/ext-py/sasl-0.1.1/uild/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/_saslwrapper.so

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

I found a solution... but it's just a quick hack, not an appropriate fix I think.

1. modify hue/desktop/core/ext-py/sasl-0.1.1/sasl/saslwrapper.cpp to increase maxBufSize.
  2. build it with "python setup.py build" and get a new _saslwrapper.so
  3. replace hue/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sasl-0.1.1-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/_saslwrapper.so with it
  4. restart Hue.

Detail of step 1 and 2 below.

Step 1.

In hue/desktop/core/ext-py/sasl-0.1.1/sasl/saslwrapper.cpp you can find a line "ClientImpl() : conn(0), cbIndex(0), maxBufSize(65535), minSsf(0), maxSsf(65535), externalSsf(0), secret(0) {}" around line 35, so modified maxBufSize to larger value.

Step 2.

In hue/desktop/core/ext-py/sasl-0.1.1, execute "python setup.py build", so you've got _saslwrapper.so in hue/desktop/core/ext-py/sasl-0.1.1/uild/lib.linux-x86_64-2.6/_saslwrapper.so

Thank you very much for providing an answer.

I'm having some difficulty to understand why SSF is also needed to increase. I'm just wondering accepting (or offering?) higher factor wouldn't require more buffer?

Contributor

To tell the truth, I don't know what is SSF and what increasing SSF means... There's no need to increase SSF possibly. I'll try later, sorry.

Contributor

I confirmed that it's not necessary to increase maxSsf, only maxBufSize should be increased for this solution. Thanks @Hajime for your comment! And I'll edit my first answer.