Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hue Error

Expert Contributor

Hello All,

Due to memory issues we had to remove some components from our test cluster and one of them was oozie. Currently I am getting an error in Hue "Missing required value: Oozie Service", would appreciate any help/guide in getting this resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi Ben,

I managed to resolve this by dropping the existing oozie database and removing oozie folder from /var/lib/, re-create oozie database and re-install oozie.

Thanks 

wert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

Hi @wert_1311 ,

The version of Cloudera Manager can matter here, but give this a try:

(1)

Click Configuration subtab

(2)

In the Configuration search field, type "oozie"

You should see the following Oozie Service configuration return

(3)

Set Oozie Service to "None"

Save your change

(4)

Restart Hue and see if the problem still occurs.

In later releases (CM 6.3, for instance) you will get a warning if trying to delete a Service on which another Service is dependent.

Hope that helps!

Expert Contributor

Hi Bgooley,

Thanks for your reply, I get validation error on Oozie service subtab in Hue when I try to enter anything and save it. 

Capture.JPG

CM Version = 5.16.1 

CDH Version = 5.16.2

Is there any other way this could be fixed 

Thanks 

Master Guru

@wert_1311,

Ah, since you are using Cloudera Manager 5.x, Oozie service is required.  You don't have to have it running, so you could just configure it to use minimal memory (in case it gets started by accident) and then just leave it off.  This will make CM happy.

We did remove this dependency in Cloudera Manager 6.2.(latest) and and CM 6.3.  For reference, the work was done in Cloudera Internal (private) Jira OPSAPS-49904.  So, you can upgrade to Cloudera Manager 6.3 to solve the issue you are hitting as well.  CM 6.3 can manage a CDH 5 cluster, so you don't need to upgrade CDH, too, if you do not want to.

Regards,

Ben

Expert Contributor

Hi Ben,

I managed to resolve this by dropping the existing oozie database and removing oozie folder from /var/lib/, re-create oozie database and re-install oozie.

Thanks 

wert