Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hue corrupts Oozie workflows

New Contributor

Hi There,

We are running Hue 3.7.1 with Oozie 4.2.0, and everything goes well most of the time.  However some of the workflows will get corrupted by Hue and then stop working.  Its is as if the nodes get confused and Hue is not able to keep track of them any more.  Things like it will want to have old versions of jar files, or even jar files from other workflows, and things like that.  

We can still run the workflows in Oozie with previous workflow.xml files, but we are not able to submit those workflows any longer from Hue.  

Is there something we can do to clean up those existing worflows in Hue, without having to recreate them?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

I ended up just manually recreating the workflows.  Not really an ideal solution, but I needed to move forward.  There is definitely some kind of bug here.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru
Do this workflow have some dependencies that are changing?
Do you have some logs of the error? (from /logs page on Hue)
Are these workflows shared and used by some other users than the owner?

New Contributor

Hi Romain,

Sorry, I didn't get back to you sooner, other problems dragged me away.  To answer your questions

1) No changing dependencies, they are all static, either jars, scripts, or HQL scripts, all stored on HDFS

2) I was not able to get any logs, but I do remember it would go to 500 error page, and when I would look at the log, there was a python exception looking for a jar that was used by an entirely different workflow. I did try to run it again, and it looks like the situation has gotten worse, not sure what has changed.  Now when I go into the same workflow that errored out on the submit, an Error message popup appears, with: 

Error loading workflow: get() returned more than one Link -- it returned 2! Lookup parameters were {'name': 'related', 'parent': }

3) All of the workflows are personal, I am not sharing any workflows with anyone

I have seen this before, and the really bad solution I would use then was to recreate the workflow with a new name and it would be okay.  But I am reluctant to do that here, because this is a pretty big workflow.

Thanks in advance

Super Guru
Some issues seen in the past if when there are files other than
workflow.xml like jars. We will iterate with
https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/HUE-3838

New Contributor

I ended up just manually recreating the workflows.  Not really an ideal solution, but I needed to move forward.  There is definitely some kind of bug here.