Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hue kt log error

Rising Star

Hello,
I am getting the below error when trying to check logs via CM for Hue Kerberos Ticket Renewer.

hue kt log err.JPG

CM / CDH - 6.3.3

I checked / /var/log/hue but did not find kt_renewer.log. Appreciate any assistance to fix this.

Thanks

Amn

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Contributor

Try creating the file manually on the KT_renewer node with below permission and check again:

-rw-r--r-- 1 hue hue 3712920 Jun 2 15:23 kt_renewer.log

View solution in original post

Expert Contributor

Hello @Amn_468

That's quite strange, as the service should generally look for the log file before starting. The only possibility that I can think of here is that the log file would have been removed manually while the service was running. 

Having said that, yes, let's try creating the log file manually with appropriate permissions as suggested by @nthomas, and restart Hue kt_renewer service to see if it is able to write to the newly created file. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Contributor

Try creating the file manually on the KT_renewer node with below permission and check again:

-rw-r--r-- 1 hue hue 3712920 Jun 2 15:23 kt_renewer.log

Expert Contributor

Hello @Amn_468 ,

Are we setting up Hue KT_renewer for the first time? What is the status of Hue kt_renewer service please? 

stderr logs from Hue kt_renewer can give more insights. The below commands can take us to the directory were stderr log is stored. 

# export HUE_DIR="/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/`ls -alrt /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process | grep hue-KT_RENEWER | tail -1 | awk '{print $9}'`"
# cd $HUE_DIR/logs

Rising Star

Hello @Sean464 

Hue is already installed kt renewer service is also running fine/green. We noticed this post our upgrade from 5.16.x to 6.3.x

So can I follow the steps mentioned by @nthomas?

Thanks

Amn

Expert Contributor

Hello @Amn_468

That's quite strange, as the service should generally look for the log file before starting. The only possibility that I can think of here is that the log file would have been removed manually while the service was running. 

Having said that, yes, let's try creating the log file manually with appropriate permissions as suggested by @nthomas, and restart Hue kt_renewer service to see if it is able to write to the newly created file. 

Community Manager

@Amn_468  did you resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: