Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

I am getting this error "Unauthorized connection for super-user: root from IP" while querying hive data through Ambari Hive View. How to overcome this error ??

Expert Contributor

Hey Guys,

I am able to query data through admin hive view of ambari, it is displaying output properly. but whenever I am running query ,Console displays this error "Unauthorized connection for super-user: root from IP ***.***.***.*" also in output for data nodes IP addresses ."Unauthorized connection for super-user: root from IP".Please let me know which configuration property needs to be changed to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Subash

9 REPLIES 9

Super Guru

@subash sharmacould you plese set hadoop.proxyuser.hive.groups,hadoop.proxyuser.hive.hosts to * using ambari and restart hdfs and see if it help.

Expert Contributor
@Rajkumar Singh

yes i did and have restarted the hdfs and related services, but i am still facing the issue.

Expert Contributor

hiveproxyhost.png snapshot attached.

@subash sharma

Please add the proxy property for root user as hadoop.proxyuser.root.groups=* and hadoop.proxyuser.root.hosts=*.

Expert Contributor
@Sindhu

Hey Sindhu, Can you please let me know the path of configuration file where I need to make these changes and let me know the services which need to be restarted after committing the changes.

Thank you,

Subash

Master Guru
@subash sharma

You need to add below properties to core-site.xml(custom core-site section of Ambari)

hadoop.proxyuser.root.groups=* 
hadoop.proxyuser.root.hosts=*

Super Collaborator

New Contributor

This solved for me:

Rgds,

Luiz

Contributor
  1. In Ambari Web, browse to Services > HDFS > Configs.
  2. Under the Advanced tab, navigate to the Custom core-site section.
  3. Click Add Property… to add the following custom properties:

hadoop.proxyuser.root.groups=*