Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

I have been working on scheduling HBase compaction using oozie. I ran into this error message

Expert Contributor

I have been working on scheduling HBase compaction using oozie. I ran into this error message and i have changed permissions, used a different users and also specified in the <exec> and <file> parameters the script but it keeps failing with error message "Cannot run program "minorcompaction.sh" (in directory "/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache/yarn/appcache/application_1464245207716_0007/container_e28_1464245207716_0007_01_000002"): error=2, No such file or directory" but i have not been able to get past this issue. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Changing from Oracle 12c to MySQL resolved this issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Guru

It would sound to me that you didnt use the file tag correctly. Did you upload the file to hdfs? However I am dubious if this will work in any case since the script will have a lot of dependencies. You might have to install the hbase client on all nodes or upload a lot of extra libraries.

Alternatively you could use an ssh action to connect to a full working edge node and run your commands there. I would almost propose this for something non mission critical like scheduling compactions.

Expert Contributor

@BenjaminLeonhardi Please find attached my workflow and script below it. I've also checked for special characters but that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Master Guru

Weird I do the same thing and it should work. Works for me. You sure its not just a stupid mistake like missing / or that the access rights are not correct? Can you try with hardcoded path?

<exec>myscript.sh</exec>

<file>${nameNode}/myfolder/myscript.sh#myscript.sh</file>

Expert Contributor

Hi @BenjaminLeonhardi, I am getting another error message. What can be wrong with the permissions? Cannot run program "minorcompaction.sh" (in directory "/hadoop/yarn/local/usercache/hdfs/appcache/application_1462434761155_14999/container_e12_1462434761155_14999_01_000002"): error=13, Permission denied.

Expert Contributor

I've also tried the hardcoded path, not working still. I am trying on two platforms and getting different errors.

Expert Contributor

Changing from Oracle 12c to MySQL resolved this issue.