Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

I need to deploy my NIFI templates (xml files ) into Nifi canvas from REST API calls, I am new to NIFI, is there anyway to do the same through POSTMAN or may be some script.

New Contributor

I need to deploy my NIFI templates (xml files ) into Nifi canvas from REST API calls, I am new to NIFI, is there anyway to do the same through POSTMAN or may be some script. The flow should be visible after the API calls inside the Nifi Canvas. Is that possible? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Varun Yadav

Old Approach:

NiFi supports REST API so you can use those rest api calls using POSTMAN.

Refer to this and this links for more details regards to api calls and import/upload templates.

New Approach:

NiFi also supports Registry, we can commit all the changes that are making to the NiFi flow and also supports version control.

For more details refer to this link how to deploy NiFi flow.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

@Varun Yadav

Old Approach:

NiFi supports REST API so you can use those rest api calls using POSTMAN.

Refer to this and this links for more details regards to api calls and import/upload templates.

New Approach:

NiFi also supports Registry, we can commit all the changes that are making to the NiFi flow and also supports version control.

For more details refer to this link how to deploy NiFi flow.

New Contributor

@Shu Thanks for your answer, i was able to upload a template into Nifi Canvas. Is there any way to upload multiple templates (kept inside one folder) to be uploaded by an api call?

Master Guru
@Varun Yadav

I don't think we can upload multiple templates at one time but you can keep all the templates in one folder and then read the filenames and pass each filename(using a loop) to curl api call to upload the template into NiFi canvas.