Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

I was installing sqoop on a node but it failed due to repository error. It's actually not installed but displays on Ambari UI as in pic. No option to install again through +Add Service. How to remove it from Amabri to install again?

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

I was installing sqoop on a node but it failed due to repository error. It's actually not installed but displays on Ambari UI as in pic. No option to install again through +Add Service. How to remove it from Amabri to install again?

14652-sqoop1.png

14651-sqoop2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I was installing sqoop on a node but it failed due to repository error. It's actually not installed but displays on Ambari UI as in pic. No option to install again through +Add Service. How to remove it from Amabri to install again?

Super Mentor

@Mohit Varshney

Did you try using the Ambari UI "Sqoop" --> "Service Actions" --> "Delete Service" option to delete Sqoop client ?

Else you can try the Ambari API approach as well to delete the sqoop as following:

curl -iv -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari"  -X DELETE http://${AMBARI_HOSTNMAE}:8080/api/v1/clusters/Sandbox/services/SQOOP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: I was installing sqoop on a node but it failed due to repository error. It's actually not installed but displays on Ambari UI as in pic. No option to install again through +Add Service. How to remove it from Amabri to install again?

Super Mentor

@Mohit Varshney

Did you try using the Ambari UI "Sqoop" --> "Service Actions" --> "Delete Service" option to delete Sqoop client ?

Else you can try the Ambari API approach as well to delete the sqoop as following:

curl -iv -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari"  -X DELETE http://${AMBARI_HOSTNMAE}:8080/api/v1/clusters/Sandbox/services/SQOOP

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello Jay. where is these tabs you mentioned: Sqoop" --> "Service Actions" --> "Delete Service.

Ambari API worked for me. Thanks for the help.

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Mohit Varshney

Once the "sqoop" service is deleted then you should be able to install it again using "Add Service".

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here