Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

IMPALA - MEMORY LIMIT EXEDED

New Contributor

Hi,

I’m experiencing an issue when multiple queries are executed simultaneously. When I run the query by itself, it succeeds. However, when multiple queries run concurrently, I encounter problems.

Does anyone know how I should configure Impala to avoid this issue? I’ve attached the profile of the failed query.

My mem_limit is set to 60GB for 5 workers and 90GB for the other 8.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor
You can go through below 2 documentation to understand more on Impala Admission Control and how to configure it as per workload :
Parameters to set up for admission control

2. Sample Scenario

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Community Manager

@Edu7478 Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our Impala experts @ChethanYM @Chella @mszurap  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Contributor

Hello @Edu7478 

This seems to be a common issue faced during high concurrency when there is no control on how much memory a query can utilise.

You can check below :

- all tables has updated stats

- configure / fine tume Impala Admission Control

New Contributor

Hello @Saurabhatiyal,

Is there a guide or some tips we can follow to tune Impala Admision Control?

Thanks in advance,

Contributor
You can go through below 2 documentation to understand more on Impala Admission Control and how to configure it as per workload :
Parameters to set up for admission control

2. Sample Scenario

Community Manager

@Edu7478 Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: