Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

If running a Mahout DistributedLanczosSolver Job an IncompatibleClassChangeError occurs!

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

If running a Mahout DistributedLanczosSolver Job an IncompatibleClassChangeError occurs!

Contributor

Hello Colleagues,

if i run a  Mahout DistributedLanczosSolver Job the following error were thrown from the LanczosSolver :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: class org.apache.mahout.math.decomposer.lanczos.LanczosSolver$Scale has interface org.apache.mahout.math.function.DoubleFunction as super class

I'm using CDH 5.3.2 and the mahout 0.9 packages for CDH 5.3.2.

If i started the job a map reduce job is was finished and the following log message were shown:

INFO lanczos.LanczosSolver: 1 passes through the corpus so far...

After this, the error message above occurs.

Do you have any ideas or a soloution regarding this issue?

Thanks and regards,

butkiz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: If running a Mahout DistributedLanczosSolver Job an IncompatibleClassChangeError occurs!

Master Collaborator

This kind of thing means you've got a mismatch somewhere between library versions. Are you packaging a different version of Mahout with your app? do you have old copies of the library somewhere on a classpath?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: If running a Mahout DistributedLanczosSolver Job an IncompatibleClassChangeError occurs!

Master Collaborator

This kind of thing means you've got a mismatch somewhere between library versions. Are you packaging a different version of Mahout with your app? do you have old copies of the library somewhere on a classpath?

View solution in original post

Contributor
Thanks a lot! The jar "mahout-1.0-collections.jar" was present in the class path. I've removed this jar and the job works without an error message. Best regards, butkiz!
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here