Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Impala JDBC42 driver have issues with maven build

New Contributor

Hi Team,

I am working on a mule integration project and so need to access the Impala database.

I am using a generic database connection with the ImpalaJDBC42.jar as the maven dependency.

Mule app uses maven plugin to build the app first even before trying to test database connections.

I am getting the following error (abridged version of the stacktrace):

Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.DependencyResolutionException: Failed to collect dependencies at Impala:ImpalaJDBC42:jar:2.6.24.1029
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.collection.DependencyCollectionException: Failed to collect dependencies at Impala:ImpalaJDBC42:jar:2.6.24.1029Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for Impala:ImpalaJDBC42:jar:2.6.24.102
Caused by: org.apache.maven.model.building.ModelBuildingException: 3 problems were encountered while building the effective model for Impala:ImpalaJDBC${env.JDBC_V}:${env.MAJOR_V}.${env.MINOR_V}.${env.REVISION_V}.${env.BUILD_V}
[ERROR] 'artifactId' with value 'ImpalaJDBC${env.JDBC_V}' does not match a valid id pattern. @
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.artifactId' for sb_ImpalaJDBC${env.JDBC_V}:sb_ImpalaJDBC${env.JDBC_V}:jar with value 'sb_ImpalaJDBC${env.JDBC_V}' does not match a valid id pattern. @
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.groupId' for sb_ImpalaJDBC${env.JDBC_V}:sb_ImpalaJDBC${env.JDBC_V}:jar with value 'sb_ImpalaJDBC${env.JDBC_V}' does not match a valid id pattern. @

I tried adding those properties in the pom.xml but it did not help.

I suspect the jar was not built properly. The variables that were in the jar's pom.xml are not being resolved and so is the error.
Is there a workaround to handle this issue?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Resolved it by manually adding it to the mvn repo instead of adding the maven dependency through the Studio.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

Resolved it by manually adding it to the mvn repo instead of adding the maven dependency through the Studio.