Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Impersonation issue after migrating from Oracle JDK 8 to Open JDK 8

Contributor

Recently I moved from the Oracle JDK 8 to Open JDK 8 (version: openjdk-1.8.0.242.b08). Cloudera version is 5.16.2. I have Kerberos, TLS enabled. When I am using Oracle JDK the below issue doesn't occur but when I switch to Open JDK then I am getting the below error. Please note that the proxy user is already enabled From the CM -> HDFS -> configuration.

JobHistoryServer 
Error starting JobHistoryServer
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnRuntimeException: Error creating done directory: [hdfs://XXXX.YYY.COM:8020/user/history/done]
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.HistoryFileManager.tryCreatingHistoryDirs(HistoryFileManager.java:680)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.HistoryFileManager.createHistoryDirs(HistoryFileManager.java:616)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.HistoryFileManager.serviceInit(HistoryFileManager.java:577)
at org.apache.hadoop.service.AbstractService.init(AbstractService.java:163)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.JobHistory.serviceInit(JobHistory.java:95)
at org.apache.hadoop.service.CompositeService.serviceInit(CompositeService.java:107)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.JobHistoryServer.serviceInit(JobHistoryServer.java:154)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.JobHistoryServer.launchJobHistoryServer(JobHistoryServer.java:229)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.JobHistoryServer.main(JobHistoryServer.java:239)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException): User: RZgWaGioVf@YYY.COM is not allowed to impersonate mapred/XXXX.YYY.COM@YYY.COM
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1504)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1441)
at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:231)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy16.getFileInfo(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.getFileInfo(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:788)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:258)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:104)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy17.getFileInfo(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.getFileInfo(DFSClient.java:2168)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Hdfs.getFileStatus(Hdfs.java:133)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileContext$14.next(FileContext.java:1143)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileContext$14.next(FileContext.java:1139)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSLinkResolver.resolve(FSLinkResolver.java:90)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileContext.getFileStatus(FileContext.java:1139)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileContext$Util.exists(FileContext.java:1604)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.HistoryFileManager.mkdir(HistoryFileManager.java:733)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.hs.HistoryFileManager.tryCreatingHistoryDirs(HistoryFileManager.java:663)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

have you checked the tested/supported OpenJDK list?

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/release-notes/topics/rg_java_requirements.html#...

JDK 8u40, 8u45, 8u60, and 8u242 are not supported due to JDK issues impacting CDH functionality:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Guru

Hi @anis016 ,

In CDH5.16.2 we support this OpenJDK version: 1.8u181. Please use the tested version as documented in below doc:

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/release-notes/topics/rn_consolidated_pcm.html#con...

I suggest you downgrade your OpenJDK version to lower and see if that will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Li

Li Wang, Technical Solution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Rising Star

have you checked the tested/supported OpenJDK list?

https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/release-notes/topics/rg_java_requirements.html#...

JDK 8u40, 8u45, 8u60, and 8u242 are not supported due to JDK issues impacting CDH functionality:

Contributor

Just to confirm if anyone else stumbles here! So, we skipped the u242 version as suggested because of the Kerberos issue and we installed the u232 version. And it is working now!

Guru

Hi @anis016 ,

Glad to hear the issue got resolved after downgrading OpenJDK version. I have seen some other customers who experienced the issues with u242 version.

Cheers!

Li Wang, Technical Solution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum