Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

In a Nifi-workflow some of the processors are not showing start button ?

Contributor

We have processors in process group but some of them are not showing up the start button.

Here I have attached the screen shot.....

Could someone help on this ?

nifi-error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

When you see the number in the upper-right hand corner, that refers to the fact that even though the processor is "stopped", there are still threads running. You won't be able to edit the configuration or restart it until those threads have stopped (the number and icon will disappear).

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Expert Contributor

@Veerendra Nath JasthiPossibly, you have a complicated computation (may be regex) running on Getfile, which is taking a lot of time to

complete, also check howmany files it is getting based on your regex, it should be fixed.

Contributor

No I have been using the plain getFile which is having input as a simple folder and we are not doing any regex on those files.

FYI.... In my entire workflow all processors are behaving the same.

Expert Contributor
@Veerendra Nath Jasthi

What is the frequency of files and how big are the files in the given path? Also could you please check your JVM heap memory (this is a guess, not solution)?

Explorer

I've seen the problem you describe with getfile processor when I used it with nifi deployed on Windows OS and the directory I listed had very large number of recursive subdirectories. In source files of nifi 1.3 or 1.4 I noticed there was a code replacing listfiles with DirectoryInputStream methods, but later it was removed