Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

In sqoop import command i need to write query on last-value modified time-stamp i need to load records before last-value ts and after last-value time stamp and in between how to write a query ???

1)sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/seema --driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver --username hadoop --password big_data --table st --hive-import --hive-table st -m 1 --incremental lastmodified --check-column ts --last-value '2016-11-21 10:38:12' -m 1 --merge-key id

this 1) query working

2)sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.254/saleema --driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver --username big_data --password big_data --table st --hive-import --hive-table st -m 1 --incremental lastmodified --check-column ts --last-value ' >= 2016-11-21 10:38:12' -m 1 --merge-key id

3)sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.254/saleema --driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver --username big_data --password big_data --table st --hive-import --hive-table st -m 1 --incremental lastmodified --check-column ts --last-value ' <= 2016-11-21 10:38:12' -m 1 --merge-key id

2 & 3 is not working

how to execute this query

please suggest me

thanks in advance

swathi.T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Instead of using the "-incremental" approach, you could use the "--query" or "--where" and bake in your own incremental logic.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Instead of using the "-incremental" approach, you could use the "--query" or "--where" and bake in your own incremental logic.

thanks clukasik,

i solved and executed with where and query approach

Eg: sqoop import --connect $connectors//$origServer/$origDatabase --driver $drivers --username $username --password $password --query "select a.* from $origTable a where CAST(ts as DATE)>='$startdate' and CAST(ts as DATE)<='$enddate' AND \$CONDITIONS" --hive-import --hive-database $hiveDatabase --hive-table $myTable -m 1 --fields-terminated-by '\t' --incremental lastmodified --check-column ts --merge-key id --target-dir $targetTmpHdfsDir/$myTable

thanks with regards,

swathi.T

Contributor

Hi - could you share your entire UNIX script that using sqoop Statement..