Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Incorrect SQL solution

Explorer

Good Morning. I present my problem to you. I hope that some user can help me.

I took my CCA Data Analyst certification exam (159). In the Score Report I have 3 problems = Incorrect SQL solution

The Cloudera FAQ states that this error is because: An SQL file was found, but it did not generate any output when run. This could include a lack of database references for the tables.

I don't agree with the solution because I ran my script with the command $ hive –f ‘file.sql’ and verified that it generated an output file.

Cloudera doesn't tell me if the results are wrong because the number of records is wrong or the output directory is wrong. The exam is recorded and it can be verified that it generates an output file.

Have a good day

5 REPLIES 5

Community Manager

I am sorry to hear you had issues with the exam. Your best course of action is to email certification@cloudera.com. The certification team will then look into the incident and reply to you directly.

Regards,

Cy Jervis - Community Manager

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Use

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

I still think it's a Cloudera mistake.
I am very angry. In my exam I verified that the output file was generated in the directory.
It's recorded, you can check it out.
And now they tell me that nothing is generated.
This is a hoax

Expert Contributor

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your certification exam experience.

We have been informed that you have also sent your thoughts to the Certification Team to certification@cloudera.com. We are sure they will provide you with a response through that channel.

New Contributor

May I know is there any follow up? I'm having the about same issue as you. 

Expert Contributor

Hello there,

The follow up was that the Certification Team directly provided the Certification policy on why there is no revision offers after Cloudera certification exams to the user.

If you have any certification related inquiries, the best course of action is reaching out to our Certification Team at certification@cloudera.com.

Thank you.