Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Infra Solr can not start after installation on Ambari 2.7.1

Explorer

Hello,

I'm trying to install Infra Solr from Ambari. After installation, when i restart the Infra Solr, the status of the service is red and it gives error below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 51, in _ensure_metadata
    _user_entity = pwd.getpwnam(user)
KeyError: 'getpwnam(): name not found: infra-solr'

The above exception was the cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_INFRA_SOLR/0.1.0/package/scripts/infra_solr.py", line 171, in <module>
    InfraSolr().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 351, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_INFRA_SOLR/0.1.0/package/scripts/infra_solr.py", line 54, in start
    self.configure(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_INFRA_SOLR/0.1.0/package/scripts/infra_solr.py", line 49, in configure
    setup_infra_solr(name = 'server')
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_INFRA_SOLR/0.1.0/package/scripts/setup_infra_solr.py", line 38, in setup_infra_solr
    group=params.user_group
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/base.py", line 125, in __new__
    cls(names_list.pop(0), env, provider, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/base.py", line 166, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 160, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 124, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 199, in action_create
    recursion_follow_links=self.resource.recursion_follow_links, safemode_folders=self.resource.safemode_folders)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/providers/system.py", line 53, in _ensure_metadata
    raise Fail("User '{0}' doesn't exist".format(user))
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: User 'infra-solr' doesn't exist

I google it, but i cannot find any solution. Does anybody know the cause of this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I resolve the problem. The cause of the error is that when Solr is installed, Solr user and group can not be created automatically. I add Solar user and its group manually from the terminal with this command (1004 is the Oozie's group id):

useradd -g 1004 infra-solr -m -d /home/infra-solr --shell /bin/bash

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Explorer

I resolve the problem. The cause of the error is that when Solr is installed, Solr user and group can not be created automatically. I add Solar user and its group manually from the terminal with this command (1004 is the Oozie's group id):

useradd -g 1004 infra-solr -m -d /home/infra-solr --shell /bin/bash