Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Install NiFi on HDP 2.5?

Expert Contributor

Hi, i am following the online tutorials and i am currently trying to install NiFi but it keeps loading at "Assign master components to hosts you want to run them on." without moving past this . I havent added any nodes to my cluster yet, is this the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Roger Young, yes, you do need to add nodes to your HDF cluster before assigning components. Please note that NiFi is part of the HDF stack, not HDP, and is managed by a separate Ambari instance.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Expert Contributor

I have given the sandbox a static ip address, so when i open Ambari i enter 192.168.1.90:8080. Could this be an issue.I noticed in the log "adress already in use"

Master Mentor

@Roger Young

Change the static IP to something else

What are the permissions on .ssh and authorized_keys?? Please revalidate the obvious firewall,NTP, THP etc

# chmod 700 $HOME/.ssh 
# chmod 600 $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys

Expert Contributor

Hi, they are the permissions i have in use, on the ambari agent side. I didnt change permissions on the server side. I changed the static ip on both machines but it still failed. Does the ambari-server need to be started or stopped when attempting to add a host?

I have followed this link for the set up

https://community.hortonworks.com/storage/attachments/4023-network-and-prereq-setup.pdf

On this setup link, i didnt do step 5"using a local repository", i followed the rest of the steps though

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.1.2.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_using_a_local...

Expert Contributor

I started the server and tried again, here is the log output

03 Nov 2016 12:30:39,508 ERROR [main] AmbariServer:518 - Could not bind to serve                                                                                                             r port - instance may already be running. Terminating this instance.
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:437)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:429)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:                                                                                                             223)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChanne                                                                                                             lConnector.java:187)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.                                                                                                             java:316)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectCha                                                                                                             nnelConnector.java:265)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLife                                                                                                             Cycle.java:64)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:293)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLife                                                                                                             Cycle.java:64)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.run(AmbariServer.jav                                                                                                             a:497)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.main(AmbariServer.ja                                                                                                             va:715)
03 Nov 2016 12:30:39,509 ERROR [main] AmbariServer:717 - Failed to run the Ambar                                                                                                             i Server
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:437)
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:429)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:                                                                                                             223)
        at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChanne                                                                                                             lConnector.java:187)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.                                                                                                             java:316)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectCha                                                                                                             nnelConnector.java:265)
        at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:293)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.run(AmbariServer.jav                                                                                                             a:497)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.main(AmbariServer.ja                                                                                                             va:715)
03 Nov 2016 12:30:39,511  INFO [main] ContextHandler:843 - stopped o.e.j.s.Servl                                                                                                             etContextHandler{/,file:/usr/lib/ambari-server/web/}
03 Nov 2016 12:30:39,523  INFO [main] ELContextCleaner:63 - javax.el.BeanELResol                                                                                                             ver purged
03 Nov 2016 12:30:39,523  INFO [main] ContextHandler:843 - stopped o.e.j.w.WebAp                                                                                                             pContext{/views/ADMIN_VIEW/2.1.0/INSTANCE,file:/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/                                                                                                             views/work/ADMIN_VIEW%7B2.1.0%7D/},/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/work/A                                                                                                             DMIN_VIEW{2.1.0}

Master Guru

are you running anything on that port on your PC? You can't share ports.

NIFI must have the port change away from 8080.

Lots of things like Ambari want to run on port 8080

You cannot install NIFI with Ambari on a machine that already has Ambari + HDP.

Networking between a sandbox and raspberry pis is probably going to be tricky and messy as PC run VMs don't want to be used as servers

Expert Contributor

Hi @Timothy Spann. I had already swithched NiFi to 9090. Im not using Pis anymore, i was trying to use a centos vm. i think im just going to start from scratch and forget about the sandbox