Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Install cloudera in redhat 8.5

New Contributor

Hi I see that Cloudera Manager and CDP Private Cloud Base versions 7.6.7 and 7.1 can be install on redhat 8.4. I have servers redhat 8.4 but I did a yum update and now are redhat 8.5, my question is, can I install CDP in this linux version? redhat 8.5?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @EmanuelArano 

Keeping abreast of the fast moving and ever-updating collection of requirements in terms of supported operating systems, Database Management Systems, Java Development Kits and/or primary processor architectures compatible for use with Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) is quite a challenge and I doubt any members of the Cloudera Community keeps track of all of that in their head. Luckily, you don't have to.

I recommend you refer to the section subheaded CDP Private Cloud Base Supported Operating Systems

…in the documentation for the specific release you're interested in (you didn't say which specific version of CDP Private Cloud Base you want to install, and there are as of this writing eight different "point releases" of CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1). As a point of reference, CDP Private Cloud Base versions 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 were released in the Fall of 2020, so hopefully you are not attempting to install 7.1.0 at this point.

In particular, that section features a hyperlink to the very handy Cloudera Support Matrix, on which you can click on the product (in your case, Cloudera Manager and CDP Private Cloud Base) to see all the product versions that it supports. To narrow down your search for supported combinations, click again on the supported product versions that are highlighted in green. You can then scroll down to see the supported Operating Systems (along with Databases and JDKs).

Should you find, after consulting that documentation, that "redhat 8.5" is not supported, and you have full backups available to you, the best approach would be to restore your system to the state it was in prior to the yum update and proceed with your installation using 8.4 as the operating system. If for some reason you don't have full backups available, you might want to explore using the yum history command to roll back that last OS update.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @EmanuelArano 

Keeping abreast of the fast moving and ever-updating collection of requirements in terms of supported operating systems, Database Management Systems, Java Development Kits and/or primary processor architectures compatible for use with Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) is quite a challenge and I doubt any members of the Cloudera Community keeps track of all of that in their head. Luckily, you don't have to.

I recommend you refer to the section subheaded CDP Private Cloud Base Supported Operating Systems

…in the documentation for the specific release you're interested in (you didn't say which specific version of CDP Private Cloud Base you want to install, and there are as of this writing eight different "point releases" of CDP Private Cloud Base 7.1). As a point of reference, CDP Private Cloud Base versions 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 were released in the Fall of 2020, so hopefully you are not attempting to install 7.1.0 at this point.

In particular, that section features a hyperlink to the very handy Cloudera Support Matrix, on which you can click on the product (in your case, Cloudera Manager and CDP Private Cloud Base) to see all the product versions that it supports. To narrow down your search for supported combinations, click again on the supported product versions that are highlighted in green. You can then scroll down to see the supported Operating Systems (along with Databases and JDKs).

Should you find, after consulting that documentation, that "redhat 8.5" is not supported, and you have full backups available to you, the best approach would be to restore your system to the state it was in prior to the yum update and proceed with your installation using 8.4 as the operating system. If for some reason you don't have full backups available, you might want to explore using the yum history command to roll back that last OS update.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Thanks sr