Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Insufficient Permissions error while login to Nifi UI.

New Contributor

Hi,

We are trying to integrate Nifi and Ranger with LDAP. Ranger is successfully integrated with LDAP and i am able to login with the AD user. But when we are trying to integrate LDAP with NIFI using Ranger we facing issues. Will elaborate it using two scenarios.

1) When we select user as "{USER}" than we can login to Nifi UI using AD users and it also gets logged in with Anonymous users. Please find below screenshot.
capture1.png

capture2.png
2) If we remove "{USER}" from select user and put AD user for eg "apatank". Than we am unable to login and it gives me "Insufficient Permissions" error. Please find below screenshot.
capture3.png

capture4.png

How can we remove anonymous user "{USER}" and use AD users in select users option in Ranger Ploicy and login to NIFI UI?

Please help us in resolving above issue.

Regards,

Avdhoot

3 REPLIES 3

Rising Star

Avdhoot Patankar, the issue seems to be similar to the one posted here -> insufficient-permissions-error-while-login-to-nifi.

Can you try to follow the steps shared by Geoffrey Shelton Okot, which point to this document.

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. You can close the other ticket which was raised by Nilesh Patil.

I have followed the document given by Geoffrey Shelton Okot. But it din't work. It has given me below error.

capture5.png

capture6.png

can you please suggest a solution to resolve this errors. Also note that we are also using Ranger Policy to login to Nifi for auhentication and authorization purpose.

Rising Star

Avdhoot Patankar, which file are the capture6.png logs from ? The error message indicates that a SSL certificate was expected and it is missing in one of the required configuration, which results in authentication failure