Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is Zeppelin in HDP mature as service for Production?

Expert Contributor

Hi guys,

We are planning to setup Zeppelin for interactive usage with Spark. I see that we can configure it as Ambari Service ( described on http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/apache-zeppelin). However, I wonder is the integration mature is enough to be used in production which has Kerberized environment, AD integrated with all other HDP components in place? Or still this integration is in tech preview (as mentioned in the Hortonworks blog)?

Thanks,

SS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Smart Solutions

Zeppelin in HDP 2.4.x is still a Tech Preview and as such is not generally recommended for production environments. Zeppelin does not yet have Kerberos support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Explorer

Great question (which I was just about to write). Perhaps some other questions about anaconda python package deployment and mechanism for sharing notebooks in a consistent fashion in highly available cluster too.

Super Guru

@Smart Solutions

Zeppelin in HDP 2.4.x is still a Tech Preview and as such is not generally recommended for production environments. Zeppelin does not yet have Kerberos support.

Expert Contributor

Thanks @Michael Young. By any chance do you know the time line for security components integration or when is it in road map?

BTW : I was checking tech preview of HDP 2.5. and I heard its due some time in late Aug or early Sept. Want to know if we have list of features/fixes coming in HDP 2.5 for Zeppelin?

Thanks again.

SS

@Smart Solutions

As @Michael Young stated, Zeppelin in 2.4 is TP. Zeppelin goes GA with the upcoming HDP 2.5 release (due out soon) and includes Kerberos integration. A full list of features is not available yet (as it's still in the hands of the devs), but should be available soon.

Super Guru

Smart Solutions

HDP 2.5 should be available in the next weeks.