Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is it possible to limit a user's visibility in the ResourceManager to only view their jobs?

I know we can do an all or nothing approach to locking down the ResourceManager UI but I am looking for a slightly more granular control. I want to allow user X to see the UI and only be able to view their running jobs. Is this possible through existing RM configurations?

I have seen a related question but it is actually the opposite of my requirement above.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Brandon Wilson

Sadly no. It's all or nothing. As long as you can reach that ResourceManager UI, you see it all. There is no segregation. ResourceManager is really not user-aware. You would need another layer in top of that capable to show only some parts of what ResourceManager UI provides. This could be something that maybe Ranger could implement, but it would require some major redo of that ResourceManagerUI. I don't think that is that configurable. Just check the code for it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Guru

@Brandon Wilson

Sadly no. It's all or nothing. As long as you can reach that ResourceManager UI, you see it all. There is no segregation. ResourceManager is really not user-aware. You would need another layer in top of that capable to show only some parts of what ResourceManager UI provides. This could be something that maybe Ranger could implement, but it would require some major redo of that ResourceManagerUI. I don't think that is that configurable. Just check the code for it.