Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is it possible to request specific attributes of a flowfile from a remote process group?

Expert Contributor

Hi, i have a dataflow in a RPG that ingests data and assigns attributes to each feature in the flowfile as shown below, before transmitting to the main NiFi server. What i am trying to do is make a request from the main NiFi server for a particular attribute "P1" for example. So if i made a request for P1, (via python script or listenTCP) only P1 would be transmitted from the RPG to the main NiFi server. Is there a way of doing this, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Roger Young

Currently, there is no way to do what you're asking if you're asking just for the attributes of flow files. The RPG transmits the entire flow file.

One way to send only data with P1 attributes would involve using the Notify/Wait processors on the remote NiFi system. The main NiFi server would send a flow file, say for P1, then on the remote NiFi, you would use a RouteOnAttribute processor to send the P1 signal down the correct path to trigger the transmission of the "P1" data to the main NiFi and so for your different data types.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Roger Young

Currently, there is no way to do what you're asking if you're asking just for the attributes of flow files. The RPG transmits the entire flow file.

One way to send only data with P1 attributes would involve using the Notify/Wait processors on the remote NiFi system. The main NiFi server would send a flow file, say for P1, then on the remote NiFi, you would use a RouteOnAttribute processor to send the P1 signal down the correct path to trigger the transmission of the "P1" data to the main NiFi and so for your different data types.

Expert Contributor

Hi @Wynner.

I have it kind of working with a python script and command line arguments but i thought there might have been a more straight forward way of doing it. Thank you for the reply.