Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is possible to use a process group variable as the value of a process parameter?

Explorer

I have defined a variable called "BrokerURI" in the scope of the main process group with the URI of a MQTT broker.

72686-variable-difinition.png

The idea is to use this variable to simplify the configuration of several ConsumeMQTT process, setting their Broker URI properties as "${BrokerURI}".

72687-consumemqtt-process-configuration.png

It is not working because there is an error.

72689-error.png

I thought it was possible to use it as I have done. Maybe I doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

72688-error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Manuel Carnerero

The error is because of Broker URI property value doesn't accept expression language, so when you have use ${BrokerURI} it's an expression language, so the processor is complaining about not valid URI syntax.

73393-consumemqtt.png

Configure the processor with the broker value in it instead of using variable name and the processor will not complain about the syntax.

73394-config-consumemqtt.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

@Manuel Carnerero

The error is because of Broker URI property value doesn't accept expression language, so when you have use ${BrokerURI} it's an expression language, so the processor is complaining about not valid URI syntax.

73393-consumemqtt.png

Configure the processor with the broker value in it instead of using variable name and the processor will not complain about the syntax.

73394-config-consumemqtt.png

Explorer

Thank you @Shu! I already have the processor configured with the URI instead of the EL, but I supposed that I could use a variable to set the value of any property. Now, thank to you, I know for sure that I have to check if it support as value an EL.