Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is the hortonworks sandbox download for virtualbox, only docker now?

Expert Contributor

Hi, i downloaded the 11gb sandbox ova file for virtualbox, but when i go to import it, its name is hortonworks docker sandbox. I previously imported this ova file and it seems like its in a container of some sort?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Roger Young

There are 3 versions of the HDP sandbox: Docker, VirtualBox and VMWare. The Docker version is a native Docker version intended to be loaded into Docker. Both the VirtualBox and VMWare sandboxes now use Docker internally to host the sandbox.

So all of the sandboxes are based on Docker containers. That means access the sandbox and making configuration changes are now a little different.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Guru

@Roger Young

There are 3 versions of the HDP sandbox: Docker, VirtualBox and VMWare. The Docker version is a native Docker version intended to be loaded into Docker. Both the VirtualBox and VMWare sandboxes now use Docker internally to host the sandbox.

So all of the sandboxes are based on Docker containers. That means access the sandbox and making configuration changes are now a little different.

Expert Contributor

ok thanks. Previously i was having alot of trouble adding nodes to the sandbox. The nodes could not connect to the sandbox but could connect to the container, i dont know if that makes sense. When i ssh into sandbox via port 22 it has an ip of 172.17.0.1 and through port 2222 it has ip is 172.17.0.2. I am trying to allow nodes connect to the 172.17.0.2 address.