Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is there a Data Loss if there's a Network Issue on your Nifi Cluster 1.x

New Contributor

Hi! May I ask for some help?

What will happen if there's a Network Issue on your Nifi Cluster 1.x

1. Is there going to be a Data Loss?

2. What will happen to the FlowFile that are already queued on the failed Node?

3. How to manual send the FlowFile to another working Node?

4. What will happen if the network issue is between the PutSFTP Processor and SFTP Server? Is there is going to be Data Loss?

Hoping for your response.

Thanks and Best Regrads,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Zedric Cruz

I'm assuming when you say network issue, you mean intermittent connectivity.

1. There will not be data loss. One of the fundamental designs of NiFi is to not have data loss in the event of failures or errors.

2. Data queued on a failed node will remain on that node until it is brought back online.

3. There are multiple ways to move data from one node to another. Post/Listen HTTP is one example. But, I'm assuming the node you want to move the data from is online and NiFi is up.

4. If the PutSFTP doesn't successfully send the data to the SFTP server, then the session will fail and be retried, depending on the configuration of the flow. But, the data will not be lost, unless the PutSFTP processor is configured to terminate files that go through the failure relationship.

There are many ways to design the flow to automatically handle issues that may occur. If I made any incorrect assumptions about your questions, please clarify and I can provide a more complete answer.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Zedric Cruz

I'm assuming when you say network issue, you mean intermittent connectivity.

1. There will not be data loss. One of the fundamental designs of NiFi is to not have data loss in the event of failures or errors.

2. Data queued on a failed node will remain on that node until it is brought back online.

3. There are multiple ways to move data from one node to another. Post/Listen HTTP is one example. But, I'm assuming the node you want to move the data from is online and NiFi is up.

4. If the PutSFTP doesn't successfully send the data to the SFTP server, then the session will fail and be retried, depending on the configuration of the flow. But, the data will not be lost, unless the PutSFTP processor is configured to terminate files that go through the failure relationship.

There are many ways to design the flow to automatically handle issues that may occur. If I made any incorrect assumptions about your questions, please clarify and I can provide a more complete answer.