Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is there a tool to manage offsets for a consumer client?

Explorer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Connor O'Neal

As I am looking at the tags associated with your question and the "consumer client" in your question, you are asking about a tool available to manage the offsets for a consumer client that is committing offsets to Kafka. Bad news! There is currently no tool available to manage the offsets for a consumer client that is committing offsets to Kafka. This function is only available for consumers that are committing offsets to Zookeeper. In order to manage offsets for a group that is committing to Kafka, you must use the APIs available in the client to commit offsets for the group.

+++

Please don't forget to vote and accept the best answer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor
@Connor O'Neal

Question is not very clear but it seems you want to manage kafka offset from a consumer. You can manually manage the offset in your code using a low level consumer client.

Super Guru

@Connor O'Neal

As I am looking at the tags associated with your question and the "consumer client" in your question, you are asking about a tool available to manage the offsets for a consumer client that is committing offsets to Kafka. Bad news! There is currently no tool available to manage the offsets for a consumer client that is committing offsets to Kafka. This function is only available for consumers that are committing offsets to Zookeeper. In order to manage offsets for a group that is committing to Kafka, you must use the APIs available in the client to commit offsets for the group.

+++

Please don't forget to vote and accept the best answer.

New Contributor

It may be an old thread. But I added a tool for the same which may be useful here

Check: https://github.com/nipuntalukdar/kafka_consumer_tool