Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is there a way to reset the Atlas database?

I am aware that there is no way to delete Atlas tags via the UI or REST endpoints. However, I am wondering if there is a simple way to truncate the underlying database or wipe it so we start with what is essentially a fresh Atlas installation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Brandon Wilson

Currently there is not simple way to delete the atlas tags using REST API. To wipe out the atlas database and start fresh, follow the below steps..

1. Stop Atlas

2. In hbase terminal, to disable hbase table, run this command - "disable 'atlas_titan'"

3. In hbase terminal, to drop hbase table, run this command - "drop 'atlas_titan'"

4. Restart Atlas

This should actually remove all the existing types from backend store(hbase) and reset the database. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Truncating the hbase tables atlas_titan , ATLAS_ENTITY_AUDIT_EVENTS would work.

@Brandon Wilson

Currently there is not simple way to delete the atlas tags using REST API. To wipe out the atlas database and start fresh, follow the below steps..

1. Stop Atlas

2. In hbase terminal, to disable hbase table, run this command - "disable 'atlas_titan'"

3. In hbase terminal, to drop hbase table, run this command - "drop 'atlas_titan'"

4. Restart Atlas

This should actually remove all the existing types from backend store(hbase) and reset the database. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I wanted to confirm before took such a drastic move 🙂 Worked perfectly.