Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is there any nifi processor available to fetch values from redis and for redis' pub sub system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Currently, NiFi support for Redis is in the form of the RedisDistributedMapCacheClientService, so you can use FetchDistributedMapCache and PutDistributedMapCache to get data in and out of Redis. Check the documentation for the Redis service as it may not use the same directives as you were expecting, so I'm not sure if this will be sufficient for your use case or not.

An alternative is to use a scripting processor such as ExecuteScript or InvokeScriptedProcessor, you can point the Module Directory property to the Redis client JARs and basically write your own "mini-processor" in a language like Groovy or Jython to interact with Redis how you wish.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

Currently, NiFi support for Redis is in the form of the RedisDistributedMapCacheClientService, so you can use FetchDistributedMapCache and PutDistributedMapCache to get data in and out of Redis. Check the documentation for the Redis service as it may not use the same directives as you were expecting, so I'm not sure if this will be sufficient for your use case or not.

An alternative is to use a scripting processor such as ExecuteScript or InvokeScriptedProcessor, you can point the Module Directory property to the Redis client JARs and basically write your own "mini-processor" in a language like Groovy or Jython to interact with Redis how you wish.

New Contributor

You can try the processor I've implemented

https://github.com/javajefe/nifi-redis-pubsub-bundle

Any feedback is appreciated