Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is there any way to do pagination in phoenix 4.4.1

Hi,

I am to trying to do offset in phoenix and find that offset support the version 4.4.8, but current version is 4.4.1.

Is there any possibility to perform offset or pagination in phoenix for version 4.4.1 code: SELECT Name, Age, DOJ, Salary, Country, State FROM PersonalDetails WHERE COUNTRY IN('IND') ORDER BY DOJ DESC LIMIT 100 OFFSET 2;

Error: Error: ERROR 602 (42P00): Syntax error. Missing "EOF" at line 1, column 58 (state=42P00,code=602) org.apache.phoenix.exception.PhoenixParserException: ERROR 602 (42P00): Syntax error. Missing "EOF" at line 1, column58

Thanks

Mohan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

Offset functionality is available in Phoenix as of 4.8, there are no plans to backport to to 4.4. What is limiting you from upgrading to the latest?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

Offset functionality is available in Phoenix as of 4.8, there are no plans to backport to to 4.4. What is limiting you from upgrading to the latest?

Thanks for update, I just want to confirm if there is any alternate way to do above.

As there is no other option i will upgrade my phoenix version.

Master Mentor

@rathna mohan I have not tested this but it may be possible to use HBase API to achieve what you're asking, https://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/ColumnPaginationFilter.html. I am just guessing and I don't think it will be a trivial effort as you're going to have to access Phoenix from HBase API. Again, I hesitate to suggest this route as effort to develop this functionality can be quite involved.