Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Issue Downloading Hortonworks Sandbox.

New Contributor

Upon downloading Hortonworks Sandbox on a VM - Download for VMWARE, I am getting an error here "This virtual machine is configured to run with 4 CPUs, but the host has only 2 CPUs. This virtual machine cannot be powered on." Can anyone please help me out here as to how I can get my VM started.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Deepak Rawat

In VMware, right click on your sandbox VM, choose settings and then modify the number of CPUs and RAM that are configured to 1 CPU, also set the RAM to half of what your machine has. Now you should be able to start your sandbox VM.

Please note that the Sandbox is configured to run with 4 CPUs and 8GB RAM. Running a configuration less than that will cause the sandbox to run very slow and possibly some services/jobs fail.

As always, if you find this post helpful, don't forget to "accept" answer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Deepak Rawat

In VMware, right click on your sandbox VM, choose settings and then modify the number of CPUs and RAM that are configured to 1 CPU, also set the RAM to half of what your machine has. Now you should be able to start your sandbox VM.

Please note that the Sandbox is configured to run with 4 CPUs and 8GB RAM. Running a configuration less than that will cause the sandbox to run very slow and possibly some services/jobs fail.

As always, if you find this post helpful, don't forget to "accept" answer.

New Contributor

Thanks Eyad, followed your guidelines and CPU issue is now resolved. However, getting a new issue now "This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU."

Can you please advise how to resolve this issue.