Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Issue with HDP 2.3.4.0 Centos 7 tar file ?

New Contributor

I recently installed Ambari 2.2 and downloaded the HDP-2.3.4.0-centos7-rpm.tar file to create a local repository. Once untared, I noted that the folder structure is named centos6. Is it normal or is it a packaging issue?

Regards

Christophe

PS: sorry in advanced if I didn't choose the right track for this question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Willem Van Asperen

@Robert Pappas @Goran Štrok

Bits are same but directory structure is different. It's fixed now. Please let me know if you can see centos7 now

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Master Mentor

Master Mentor

@Willem Van Asperen I have escalated this to engineering and will update the thread as soon as I hear back.

New Contributor

We have noticed the same issue. The tarball for centos7 contains centos6.

Thanks for looking into this! 🙂

Master Mentor
@Willem Van Asperen

As mentioned in the initial reply it's normal.

Answer is "Centos 6 builds are used to certify both 6 and 7"

New Contributor

In HDP 2.3.2.0, this was not the case. The centos7 tarball for 2.3.2.0 contains a "centos7" directory, not centos6.

Did you guys make a conscious decision to combine the centos7 and 6 distributions into centos6? I think that's going to cause some issues when there's documentation and tooling that is assuming a strong consistency in naming rules.

Explorer

Fixed the tarballs to reflect centos7 in the directory name once untared .Please try now.

Technically, HDP centos6 and centos7 are the same.

Master Mentor

@Willem Van Asperen

Bits are same but directory structure is different. It's fixed now. Please let me know if you can see centos7 now

Master Mentor

I do now see the directory centos7 -- will try an install and see if it holds.

Thanks for the quick response.

Master Mentor

@Willem Van Asperen Perfect! Bits were always the same so there wont be any surprises. If you do see the same directoy then help me to close the thread by accepting the answer.