Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Issue with Idle timeout exception with HandleHTTPRequest processor in NiFi-1.1.0

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I seem to be running into an issue using the NiFi version NiFi-1.1.0 where our HandleHttpRequest processor keeps throwing the following error:

ERROR [Timer-Driven Process
Thread-20] o.a.n.p.standard.HandleHttpRequest
HandleHttpRequest[id=11e56f5b-b901-3672-9424-05fc8f846a3e]
HandleHttpRequest[id=11e56f5b-b901-3672-9424-05fc8f846a3e] failed to process
due to org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.FlowFileAccessException: Failed to
import data from HttpInputOverHTTP@802fcbf[c=0,s=ERROR:java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException:
Idle timeout expired: 30025/30000 ms] for
StandardFlowFileRecord[uuid=3e0a3a13-0d05-44fb-af71-1fa0b2519db8,claim=,offset=0,name=1866449175849578,size=0]
due to org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.FlowFileAccessException: Unable to
create ContentClaim due to java.io.IOException:
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 30025/30000 ms;
rolling back session: org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.FlowFileAccessException:
Failed to import data from HttpInputOverHTTP@802fcbf[c=0,s=ERROR:java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException:
Idle timeout expired: 30025/30000 ms] for
StandardFlowFileRecord[uuid=3e0a3a13-0d05-44fb-af71-1fa0b2519db8,claim=,offset=0,name=1866449175849578,size=0]
due to org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.FlowFileAccessException: Unable to
create ContentClaim due to java.io.IOException:
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle timeout expired: 30025/30000 ms

I been looking through the forums and NiFi community and saw that a fix had been applied in version NiFi-1.0.0 as mentioned in the following link:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1732

and I see that the fix consisted of hardcoding the default value from 30 seconds to “async.setTimeout(Long.MAX_VALUE); // timeout is handled by HttpContextMap”. However even though there has been a fix applied, I am still coming across the error. Does anyone know of any other way to fix this issue or have an idea of what could cause this error to happen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Adda Fuentes, Did you find any solution for this problem? Even i am getting the same error and I am using NIFI 1.1.2

Expert Contributor

@Deepak B S , I did not find a NiFi fix for this error, however in my case I discovered that it was due to the server getting overloaded due to a high amount of messages and because of this some messages were getting backlogged and by the time they would reach the HandleHTTPRequest processor they had experied. I raised the number of concurrent tasks in the processor on NiFi side and used a load balancer distribution rule to balance the load that was getting into NiFi and that seemed to fix the issue for me. You can try to raise the number of concurrent tasks in your processor and on your flow if the error your getting is due to a load issue that can help.

@Adda Fuentes Thanks for the quick response. The entry into NIFI is already loadbalanced between 2 machines and i am still facing this issue. However, i have only 1 concurrent task for the HandleHttpRequest processor. I will try increasing the concurrent tasks as per your suggestion and try. I think the last option is to increase the number of NIFI instances.