Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Issue with UpdateDatabaseTable Processor: Cannot lookup DBCPConnectionPool without attributes

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm currently facing an issue with the Update Database Table processor in Apache Nifi and would appreciate any insights or assistance. Here's a detailed description of the problem:

Problem Description: I'm using the Update Database Table processor, and for the Database Connection Pooling Service property, I've set a DBCP Connection Pool Lookup. The database.name attribute is present in the flow files, and it corresponds to the property added in the DBCP Connection Pool Lookup. However, when the processor runs, I encounter the following error:

2023-11-24 13:25:15,893 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-6] o.a.n.p.standard.UpdateDatabaseTable UpdateDatabaseTable[id=f0ed60b2-018a-1000-bb0e-77c471803693] Processing failed
org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot lookup DBCPConnectionPool without attributes
at org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.UpdateDatabaseTable.onTrigger(UpdateDatabaseTable.java:457)
at org.apache.nifi.processor.AbstractProcessor.onTrigger(AbstractProcessor.java:27)
at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardProcessorNode.onTrigger(StandardProcessorNode.java:1356)
at org.apache.nifi.controller.tasks.ConnectableTask.invoke(ConnectableTask.java:246)
at org.apache.nifi.controller.scheduling.TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent$1.run(TimerDrivenSchedulingAgent.java:102)
at org.apache.nifi.engine.FlowEngine$2.run(FlowEngine.java:110)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot lookup DBCPConnectionPool without attributes

• The error seems to be specific to the Update Database Table processor, as the same setup is working fine on multiple processors(Execute SQL, Put SQL, Put Database Record) 

Request for Assistance: I'm seeking guidance on what might be causing this issue and if anyone has encountered a similar problem.

• Nifi Version: 1.19.1

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1

Community Manager

@Ciho Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our NiFi experts @SAMSAL @cotopaul  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: