Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Java action expiring in Oozie

Contributor

I have an Oozie coordinator that runs a workflow every hour. The workflow is composed of two sequential actions: a shell action and a Java action. When I run the coordinator, the shell action seems to execute successfully, however, when it's time for the Java action, the Job Browser in Hue always show:

There was a problem communicating with the server: Job application_<java-action-id> has expired.

When I click on the application_id, here's the snapshot:

oozie_java_action_fail.PNG

This seems to point on views.py and api.py. When I looked into server logs:

[23/Nov/2015 02:25:22 -0800] middleware   INFO     Processing exception: Job application_1448245438537_0010 has expired.: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/hue/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.6.10-py2.6.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 112, in get_response
    response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/hue/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.6.10-py2.6.egg/django/db/transaction.py", line 371, in inner
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/hue/apps/jobbrowser/src/jobbrowser/views.py", line 67, in decorate
    raise PopupException(_('Job %s has expired.') % jobid, detail=_('Cannot be found on the History Server.'))
PopupException: Job application_1448245438537_0010 has expired.

When I run the workflow as a standalone, I've got a 50-50 chance of success and expiration on the Java action part, but on coordinator, all Java action's are expiring.

I'm using Cloudera Quickstart CDH 5.4.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Thanks for your response. The problem is already solved. My Java action uses an instance (say variable fs) of org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem class. At the end of the Java action, I use fs.close(), which will cause the problem on the next period of Oozie job. So when I removed this line, everything went well again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Do you have any detailed error message in stdout.log/stderr.log under

/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/xx-hue-HUE_SERVER/logs

and

/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/yy-oozie-OOZIE_SERVER/logs

If you run the Java action through the workflow-only is the error message the same?

Contributor

Thanks for your response. The problem is already solved. My Java action uses an instance (say variable fs) of org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem class. At the end of the Java action, I use fs.close(), which will cause the problem on the next period of Oozie job. So when I removed this line, everything went well again.