Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Job status Scheduling in Cloudera

Explorer

What does it mean when a manually triggered job is in "Scheduling" job status? What happens behind the scenes during this Scheduling phase? Recently I have been noticing my job getting stuck in this phase for more than 10 minutes or so which is concerning.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi Madhu,

Thank you for contacting us! I understand that your CDSW engine spent 10 minutes

in the scheduling phase and you would like to understand the phases a little better. Is this

correct? 

The happy path for these phases is usually scheduling -> starting -> running -> succeeded. Other phases can in include stopped, timeout and failed. In general, the time spend in scheduling is waiting for resource availability for the engine's pod. 

If this is a persistent issue with your CDSW engines, recommend opening a support case so that we can take a closer look at the logs around the time of one of the occurrences.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Contributor

Hi Madhu,

Thank you for contacting us! I understand that your CDSW engine spent 10 minutes

in the scheduling phase and you would like to understand the phases a little better. Is this

correct? 

The happy path for these phases is usually scheduling -> starting -> running -> succeeded. Other phases can in include stopped, timeout and failed. In general, the time spend in scheduling is waiting for resource availability for the engine's pod. 

If this is a persistent issue with your CDSW engines, recommend opening a support case so that we can take a closer look at the logs around the time of one of the occurrences.

Explorer

Thanks for your advice, I have raised a support case.

Contributor

When this is happening, are you able to start Sessions as well?

Do you have access to the Admin -> Usage page or kubectl access? You should look to see if there are  enough resources available for the engine that you have chosen to use when running the job.  

Explorer

Unfortunately I do not have admin access. I have raised a support case to understand the details better. Thanks for your response.