Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

JournalNode Default Group

Rising Star

Hi,I've enabled HA successfully. My directory for the three journal node is not the same accross that 3 journal node.

There are alert of required JournalNode Default Group box. Is it safe to I put anything here? as my journal node location is not the same? It is only for managing that 3 journal node loaction right?

journal node default group.JPG

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Expert Contributor

Hello @muslihuddin , Please note, while enabling HA, CM puts all 3 Journal Nodes into a single group call "Default Group" by default assuming you are going to use the same config value for the 3 JN directories. Since you are using /app/jn for one node and /data/jn for the other 2 JN nodes, it created two separate JN config groups. However, to prevent the CM alert, you can mention /data/jn in the JN default group config so that 2 JNs will be part of the Default config group rather than a separate one, and the 3rd JN will continue to operate in a separate config group till you use /data/jn directory as its edits directory.

Just in case you need to change the JN directory on any JN refer teh steps here - https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_mc_jn.html 

View solution in original post

Rising Star

Thanks @PabitraDas 

Alright, done as your suggestion, the cluster is looking good now without the alert

Thanks for the link too. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hello @muslihuddin , Please note, while enabling HA, CM puts all 3 Journal Nodes into a single group call "Default Group" by default assuming you are going to use the same config value for the 3 JN directories. Since you are using /app/jn for one node and /data/jn for the other 2 JN nodes, it created two separate JN config groups. However, to prevent the CM alert, you can mention /data/jn in the JN default group config so that 2 JNs will be part of the Default config group rather than a separate one, and the 3rd JN will continue to operate in a separate config group till you use /data/jn directory as its edits directory.

Just in case you need to change the JN directory on any JN refer teh steps here - https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_mc_jn.html 

Rising Star

Thanks @PabitraDas 

Alright, done as your suggestion, the cluster is looking good now without the alert

Thanks for the link too.